This a part-time, non-tenure position which is appointed on a per semester basis.
The Department of Communication, Graphic Design and Multimedia invites applications for a part-time faculty appointment. The ideal candidate will be a practicing graphic designer and educator who is as passionate about teaching and practice. We seek someone with demonstrated expertise in contemporary discourse in graphic design and new media, and pedagogy for innovative design awareness. In addition to a successful teaching record at undergraduate and/or graduate levels, we seek candidates with an original project or design practice that complements and contributes to the departmental mission to offer a wide range of approaches to graphic design and multimedia design practices.
- Teach up to six credits per semester of Graphic Design and Multimedia courses.
- Applicants should demonstrate in-depth knowledge and prior teaching experience of undergraduate Graphic Design courses in both print-based and screen-based media.
- Manage online grading system and submit grades in a timely fashion.
- Abide by all relevant university and/or department procedures and policies.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Master’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication Design or Communication Design or equivalent degree or experience.
- A proven ability to teach the broad range of graphic design related courses such as: Typography; Editorial Design; Illustration; Branding; Package Design; Web Design, and Motion Graphics.
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Ability to teach in lecture, hybrid, and online formats.
- Experience using learning management systems, such as Blackboard.
**Must be US work authorized**