The Mohammad Bin Rashid School of Communication (MBRSC), the first of its kind in the Arabian Gulf region, at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant / Associate Professor of Digital Production and Storytelling to begin teaching in Fall 2023.
The School invites qualified applicants for the full-time opening to teach Digital Production & Storytelling courses (DPST). Candidates have solid credentials in teaching the theoretical, technical and aesthetic aspects of motion pictures, TV, Series and other digital media platforms. Responsibilities will include teaching basic and advanced courses in scriptwriting, producing, and directing all forms of TV series, film genres, including documentary.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Ph.D. or Master of Fine Arts degree in the discipline from a Western accredited institution at the time of appointment;
• Professional experience in screenwriting for films or TV series in the first place and producing and/or directing in the second place.
• Previous teaching experience at an undergraduate level in a Western higher education system with high ratings of teaching effectiveness;
• A demonstrated record of professional work that has received high recognition in film festivals;
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills. Excellent Arabic written and oral communication is an advantage;
• Ability to be an active team player and a contributor to the continuous improvement in the Mohammed Bin Rashid School for Communication.
Candidates are expected to meet standards for personal professional scholarship, and assist in student advising, curriculum development and other service to the department, school, and community.
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter
• Updated CV
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.