The Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Communication (MBRSC) at the American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants for the position of Associate Dean – MBRSC to begin in Fall 2023.
The Associate Dean is responsible for providing leadership within the MBRSC in all aspects of curriculum design, outcomes assessment, accreditation exercises, teaching effectiveness, faculty development, and the MBRSC strategic planning process for both the long and short term.
The successful candidate will have:
• Terminal degree from an accredited Western-accredited University in a discipline represented in the MBRSC
• Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, research and service
• Preferably work experience outside of academe in the media sector
• Experience in curriculum development, program expansion, outcomes assessment and reporting for institutional effectiveness accreditation processes
• Experience in student recruitment and retention
• Experience in faculty recruitment, development and retention, as well as sound fiscal management
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collegiality
• Leadership abilities
• Ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
• Ability to work with multiple and diverse constituents
• Proficiency in English; Arabic is desirable
The compensation package for this position is competitive and is based on the expatriate model. Besides tax-exempt basic salary, it includes housing, annual two-way airfare, health / life insurance, professional memberships, conference attendance expenses, assistance with children's tuition, and other components.
The American University in Dubai is a private, non-sectarian institution of higher learning founded in 1995. It serves UAE nationals and international students who seek world-class career-oriented education. AUD, as an international institution of higher education, encourages global understanding by providing an atmosphere of cultural diversity and opportunities for an international education.
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter
• Updated CV
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
The American University in Dubai
P.O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.