Assistant/Associate Professor in Digital Design
Hillier College of Arch & Design
The Department Chair
The J. Robert and Barbara A. Hillier College of Architecture and Design (HCAD) at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track or tenured appointment in Digital Design at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The appointment is within the School of Art + Design at HCAD. We seek an accomplished educator and digital designer with a record of excellence in digital design and teaching in 2D & 3D animation, VFX, game design and development, the film industry, or digital media and culture to teach design studio, lecture, and/or seminar courses to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Teach design studio, lecture, and/or seminar courses to undergraduate and graduate students in School of Art & Design at Hillier College of Architecture & Design.
- Have a clear research agenda related to their design work & will be expected to pursue this agenda through scholarly activities such as publishing papers and/or books, presenting work at conferences, and designing peer-recognized work.
- Expected to participate in service activities within HCAD & NJIT, as well as within their profession and/or discipline.
- Recognizing that the area of digital design is both emerging and multi-disciplinary, the candidate's expertise may originate in many creative academic or professional areas.
- Candidates should hold a terminal degree in the field from an accredited program, or its equivalent, such as M.F.A., M. Arch., or Ph. D. A proven record of excellence in teaching, and creative practice, and/or research are required.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Candidates should submit a CV, a cover letter that includes a statement of interest outlining their vision and qualifications for the position, a research statement, a teaching statement, and a list of three references. Applicants should also provide a link in their cover letter to a digital dossier containing samples of their research and design projects, as well as samples of their students' work, in a PDF Format.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by December 1, 2022. The position, however, will remain open until filled.
To apply, visit https://njit.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4621?c=njit