The office of Campus Planning
seeks an Architectural Planner
who will report to the director and assist in planning events and overall campus space management. The Office of Campus Planning is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of the budget and capital facilities planning efforts for the campus consistent with the strategic aspirations of the University. The office integrates budgeting and facilities planning activities for the entire university.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing an academic space utilization plan within the context of financial, political and administrative bureaucracy.
- Finding solutions to campus space problems resulting from constantly evolving demands as units expand, shrink, are created, or involved in campus relocations.
- Project programming and project management.
- Building personal relationships throughout the entire University community to develop an understanding of their needs and how the bureaucratic processes work.
- A high degree of skill and diplomacy is necessary to resolve complex issues important to the Campus.
To be successful in this role, you must be a good problem solver, with strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in Architecture or Interior Design.
- A minimum of two years of experience involving building programming, project management, space planning and master planning.
- Architectural license is preferred.