Istanbul Gelisim University (IGU)
Hiring PhDs in Gastronomy
- High monetary incentives for quality Academic publications,
- Recently established a modern skyscraper campus,
- Over 1100 fulltime staff
- Over 25 000 graduate and undergraduate students
- The highest number of internationally accredited programs in Turkey
- Opportunity to live in Istanbul; one of the most amazing cities of the world.
Istanbul Gelisim University is seeking to fill one or more tenure-track or tenured faculty positions in Gastronomy field to start in the spring semester or summer of 2019.
Assistant Professors (PhD) and/or Associate or Full Professors (PhD) in:
Gastronomy; or in following related disciplines.
2. Food Engineering
3. Tourism Administration
4. Gastronomy and Culinary Arts
5. Food Hygiene and Technology
6. Food Science
8. Nutrition and Dietetics
- Doctoral degree in Gastronomy field or in related disciplines;
- Candidates with research and project writing experience are preferred.
- Good publications and research record in SCI/SSCI in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in technology, innovation, entrepreneurship, and project management is also preferred.
- Fluent in English and eligible to teach in English.
1. Application letter, including a brief description of:
- Current research interests and research plans for the immediate future.
- The current and planned focus in academic teaching and the supervision of young researchers
3. List of publications / conferences / projects / citations / index screen
- Applicant’s publications / projects on the field (Internet link for download or electronic submission of summaries in PDF versions)
- List of lectures given at international conferences
4. Copies of documents and certificates
5. The names of the courses you can teach
-Low weekly teaching load.
-Expected to conduct in research/publication/ projects