2021-2023 Visual Arts Temporary Lecturer
University of California San Diego
July 19th, 2021
Next review date:
Friday, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Tuesday, Jul 19, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Visual Arts within the Division of Arts and Humanities at UC San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body.
We are seeking applicants for Temporary Lecturer position(s) in all areas of the Visual Arts Department including
Studio Art (painting, sculpture, drawing, performance and hybrid practices)
Interdisciplinary Computing in the Arts
Speculative Design (basic electronics, physical computing and controllers, time based multimedia public performance with processing and/or PD, Arduino and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred)
Media (digital film / video, photography, multimedia installation, audio visual performance and sound design)
Art History/Criticism (Western and Non-Western, including, but not limited to, Chinese, Renaissance, Baroque/Early Modern, and Modern/Contemporary).
Appointment(s) may be part-time, full-time, quarterly or annual. Positions may be available during the 2022-2023 academic year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellence in teaching and scholarship and/or professional recognition. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong and/or potential accomplishments in areas contributing to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a desire to play a leadership role in advancing UC San Diego's commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
Applicants are required to also submit a separate personal statement summarizing past or potential contributions to diversity.
Please reference position number POOL-2022-2023 on all correspondence.
(required at time of application)
- Applicants must have a BFA, MFA and/or PhD in Studio Art, Interdisciplinary Computing in the Arts and Speculative Design, Media, Art History/Criticism or other related field is required prior to the time of appointment.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Cover Letter
Specify explicitly which area/discipline you are applying for
- Describe RESEARCH, TRAINING and TEACHING EXPERIENCE.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Can scan teaching evaluations into one PDF document and upload here (strongly advised to included teaching evaluations if available)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additiona (Optional)
Apply link: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02797
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 required (contact information only)
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, covered veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
To apply, please visit: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02797